No bake cookies, snacks and treats make my world a better place. When I want something sweet and yummy but don’t feel like doing the whole baking thing, a no bake snack is the perfect answer. Just combine the ingredients and let them set… that’s it! Doesn’t get much easier than that.
Added bonus: each cookie has about 7 grams of protein, is free of refined sugar and is gluten free (as always)!
These no bake cookies of course aren’t the same kind of cookies you get when making fresh cookies in the oven, but they make a great treat. The combination of orange and chocolate is refreshing, especially in the hot summer! This recipe also utilizes a vegan miracle ingredient, the banana, which in this recipe is used to bind the mixture together.
If you’re having a hard time finding vegan mini chocolate chips, try these Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips that are gluten, dairy, nut free, soy free, non-GMO, and free of casein and sulfites – perfect for anyone with allergies or sensitivities!
When you zest the orange, you may want to start with a 1/2 tsp, stir and then taste the mixture to see if you want to add more. I added a full tsp because I really wanted the orange flavor to shine. How do you zest your fruit? I use this microplane for zesting and grating, and absolutely LOVE it! It makes those tasks a breeze and is also dishwasher safe, so it’s easy to clean.
Sarah, Vegan Chickpea
14 - 16 cookies
Easy no bake cookies make a great snack or treat! Free of refined sugars and packed with 7 grams of protein per cookie.
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup ripe banana, well mashed (about 1 small)
- 1/4 cup agave syrup (or other liquid sweetener)
- 1/4 cup non dairy milk
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups oats
- 1/8 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/8 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 - 1 tsp organic orange zest* (I used 1 full tsp and it’s very orangey! Use less depending on how subtle you want the orange flavor to be)
- 1/4 cup mini vegan chocolate chips
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup of nuts, for topping (optional) - I used a combo of walnuts & almonds
- In a mixing bowl, mash the banana with a fork or masher until smooth. Add peanut butter and agave, stirring until well combined.
- Add all the other ingredients except for the orange zest, chocolate chips and nuts. Combine well.
- Zest the orange and add zest, nuts and chocolate chips to the bowl, and stir to combine.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons into a round cookie. Add finished cookies to a parchment lined baking sheet. Press nuts into the tops as desired.
- Refrigerate about 2 hours to help them set (or freeze for up to 30 minutes, and then move to the refrigerator for 45 minutes). Keep in the fridge for about 5 days.
*Organic oranges aren’t necessary, I just prefer organic when using the rind
Adapted from Pickled Plum
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase on Amazon after clicking one of my links, your costs stay the same but I receive a small commission to help support Vegan Chickpea. Thank you for your support!