One day I thought – what if I could just mix together a few ingredients that ensure I get some protein, bake it in the oven and have bars ready to go? Enter these 5 Ingredient Sugar Free Cinnamon Protein Bars. With 15 grams of protein and 10 grams of fiber per bar, you’re getting a healthy breakfast or snack that isn’t too sweet, ready in 30 minutes with just 5 – 6 ingredients!
I think this recipe is a great foundation that you can add to if you want something a little more interesting, as these bars are (intentionally) plain. You can try adding in chopped nuts, dried fruit or your choice of sweetener if you prefer. You can also top your bar with jelly or vegan butter. Typically I eat mine plain because I just like to keep it simple and satisfying!
On a personal note, next week I’ll be going to Germany! My parents are flying in to the Netherlands (where I live) from the USA and we’ll be spending about 10 days in southern Germany. I’ve been planning the trip and am really excited… so hope to have some travel reviews and photos to share with you in December or January!
If you’ve been to southern Germany, leave a comment below with any recommendations – I’d love to hear from you! 🙂
Looking for other protein-packed, healthy breakfast recipes?
These super simple, flourless bars use only whole foods and are packed with 15 grams of protein per bar!
5 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 ripe, large banana (about 3/4 cup when mashed)
- 1 14.5-oz can chickpeas (411 grams)
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (I think it would taste fine without it, I just love vanilla!)
- add in chopped nuts, dried fruit and/or sweetener of choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F / 176 C.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and mix until well combined (or thoroughly hand mash).
- Pour into a greased 8 x 8 dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.