HOW TO VIDEO
These Pumpkin Cranberry Crumb Mini Muffins are superbly moist, dense and sweet enough to satisfy a sweet tooth without going totally overboard on the sugar.
I also changed it from bread to mini muffins, because mini muffins are just so much fun! You can of course make this recipe into regular sized muffins or bread if you prefer, and just extend the cooking time.
What are your favorite muffins to make over the holidays? Let me know in the comments below!
32 mini muffins
A super moist and bite sized refined sugar free treat, perfect for adults and kids alike! Great for the holidays, or any time of year.
20 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 4 tsp ground flaxseed, mixed with 3 Tbsp water - set in fridge for 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose Gluten Free Flour Blend, or any other brand All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- 3 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose Gluten Free Flour Blend, or any other brand All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- 2 Tbsp vegan butter (such as Earth Balance)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F / 176 C.
- Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, salt, coconut sugar, dried cranberries and pecans. Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine maple syrup, pumpkin, apple sauce and orange juice. Stir to combine.
- LIGHTLY stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients. DO NOT over mix or the muffins will become rubbery. It’s OK if there are a few small clumps as they will bake out during the cooking process.
- In a small bowl, combine crumble ingredients and mash together with a fork until combined and crumbly.
- Scoop muffin batter into silicon muffin pans or a greased mini muffin tray. I used an ice cream scooper for even distribution. Flatten the batter evenly into the cups with the back of a spoon or spatula.
- Sprinkle crumble mixture on top of muffins.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.